- 1/4 creme de violette (optional)
- 1/3 maraschino liqueur (or juice)
- 1/3 fresh lemon juice
- 1 house gin
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Drop in a maraschino cherry as a garnish.
Although written out of most recent recipes, Creme de Violette is being manufactured once again and is available through specialty retailers. Made with violet flowers, it tastes the way that hand soap smells. It is an acquired taste, but it does give this cocktail its purple color. If you do not have a Maraschino liqueur like Maraschino Luxardo, use the juice from the maraschino cherry jar instead.