- 1 1/2 fresh peach juice (or puree)
- Prosecco (dry sparkling wine)
- fruit to match the juice (optional garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled champagne flute.
- Add the fresh peach juice.
- Top slowly with sparkling wine.
- Serve straight up without a garnish.
The original Bellini recipe calls for Prosecco, a tart, dry, white sparkling wine from Italy, with little character, that’s low in alcohol content. For this drink, you can substitute any dry sparkling wine, because it’s hard to distinguish a wine’s origin, when diluted and flavored with fruit juice. You can even use left over Champagne if you happen to have some.
Puccini – Use fresh mandarin orange juice instead of peach.
Rossini – Use fresh strawberry juice or puree, instead of peach.
Tintoretto – Use fresh pomegranate juice instead of peach.