- 1 fresh cream
- 1/2 white creme de cacao
- 1 house Cognac (or brandy)
- freshly grated nutmeg (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled coupe, or martini glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg to one side.
- Serve with an optional straw.
This drink is commonly known as an Alexander, although Brandy Alexander is the proper name. The original Alexander was made with gin instead of brandy, so when a guest asks for an Alexander, ask if they want the original Gin Alexander, or a Brandy Alexander. To make a skinny version, use 2% milk instead of cream.