- 2 teaspoons berry sugar
- 1/2 a whole fresh lime
- 1 1/2 cachaca
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled rock glass.
- Cut the 1/2 lime into 4 wedges.
- Put the lime wedges into the glass.
- Sprinkle the sugar onto the limes.
- Muddle well to release oils from the skins.
- Scoop cracked ice on top of the limes until 3/4 full.
- Add the cachaca, stir and serve with a straw.
Cachaca is a distinctive base spirit. It smells similar to tequila, but the flavor is similar white rum, except its more fruity, herbaceous and spicy. Most people describe the flavor profile of Cachaca and this drink, to be half way between white rum and tequila. Legally, a Caipirinha must be made with cachaca and lime. For other fruit versions, see the Caipiroska Cocktail recipe.
Caipiroska – Made with vodka and lime, or any other fruit upon request.
Caipivodka – Same as Caipiroska, just a different name.
Caipirodka – Same as Caipiroska, just a different name.