- 2 teaspoons berry sugar
- 1/2 a whole fresh lime (fresh fruit)
- 1 1/2 vodka
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled rock glass.
- Cut the 1/2 lime into 4 wedges.
- Put the lime wedges into the glass.
- Sprinkle the sugar onto the limes.
- Muddle well to release oils from the skins.
- Scoop cracked ice on top of the limes until 3/4 full.
- Add the vodka, stir and serve with a straw.
Some people find the taste of Cachaca a little harsh, preferring this lighter vodka version of the popular South American drink. Legally, the Caipirinha must be made with limes. However, this Caipiroska can be mixed with any fresh fruit, including oranges, strawberries, kiwifruit, passion fruit, watermelon, etc. The guest will ask for the fruit and the drink, as in Kiwifruit Caipiroska or Tangerine Caipiroska.
Caipivodka – Same drink, just a different name.
Caipirodka – Same drink, just a different name.
Caipirinha – Must be made with Cachaca and lime.