- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 1 cranberry juice
- 1/2 Cointreau (or triple sec)
- 1 house vodka
- lime wedge (garnish)
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or twist.
The drink is shown garnished with an orange spiral and lime cartwheel instead of a wedge. Always use pure cranberry juice, organic if you can get it.
The Cointreau flavor in this recipe really makes it special. You can substitute triple sec and have a pleasant drink, but for a cocktail with a lot of character and balance, use Cointreau if you have it.
Some recipes call for citrus flavored vodka, but it’s not required. If you do choose to use it, cut back the fresh lime juice to 1/4, or omit it altogether..