- dash of olive juice (less than 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 dry white vermouth
- 1 house vodka
- 1-3 pitted green olives (garnish)
Mixing Method: Stir
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour all the ingredients over the ice.
- Stir well and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a pitted green olive.
What makes this vodka martini a ‘dirty’ drink, is the splash of salty brine from the olive jar. Use the long bar spoon to scoop it out of the olive jar and into the mixing glass.
If the guest wants an ‘extra dry’ drink, cut back the white vermouth to 1/6 (1 tsp) which is equals one bar spoon. If the cocktail is still too wet for their taste, discard it and make them a new drink without any vermouth in it. Now hand them a vermouth filled atomizer and swizzle stick, so they can spritz their custom level of wetness and stir it into the finished cocktail. 2-3 shots of mist should do it.