- 1/6 dry vermouth (1 tsp)
- 1 house gin
- 2 lemon twists (garnish)
Mixing Method: Stir
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour the vermouth and gin over the ice.
- Stir well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Squeeze oil from one lemon twist into the drink and discard.
- Garnish with a second fresh lemon twist.
When a guest orders a ‘dry’ martini, ask if they want gin or vodka, and if they want an olive or lemon twist. If they ask for a “very, extra, or extremely” dry martini, make it with straight London Dry gin. Then hand the guest an atomizer filled with vermouth, so they can spritz their own custom level of ‘wetness’ into the drink.
Martini (Classic) – Increase white vermouth to 1/4. Garnish with 3 pitted olives instead of lemon.
Gibson – Same as Classic Martini, except garnish with a sour pearl onion.
Perfect Martini – Use 1/4 dry white vermouth and 1/4 sweet red vermouth. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Sweet Martini – Use 1/2 sweet red vermouth instead of white vermouth. Garnish with a lemon twist, or a cherry.
Vodkatini – Same drink as the Classic Martini, but substitute vodka for gin.
Vodka Martini – Same as Vodkatini.