- 1/3 simple syrup
- 1/3 Kahlua (or coffee liqueur)
- 1 house vodka
- 1 strong fresh espresso (chilled)
- chocolate coffee beans (optional garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 chocolate covered coffee beans.
This drink is shown on the rocks with coffee beans submerged. It appeals to hard core coffee fans. While it’s possible to substitute another coffee liqueur for the Kahlua, the drink will loose much of its complexity.
To chill the espresso quickly, make it double strength using a pod type coffee maker. Add ice to bring the water level back to normal. Then use the fresh cold espresso for the cocktail.