- 1/2 simple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1 house gin
- soda water
- Champagne (sparkling wine)
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add syrup, juice and gin.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled pilsner glass, or flute.
- Top with half soda and half Champagne.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
If using maraschino cherries in clear cocktails, it’s ok to leave the stem on and drop them into the drink, instead of slitting them and perching them on the lip of the glass. The quality of the cherry also matters, so use Amarena, or Luxardo cherries when you can get them.
As with most cocktails calling for Champagne, Prosecco or domestic dry sparkling wine is often used when cost is a concern. This example is shown served in a Champagne flute instead of a pilsner glass, which adds a touch of class and elevates the status of the drink.