- 1/2 simple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1 house gin
- soda water
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except soda and garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled Collins, or fizz glass.
- Pour soda into shaker cap to rinse ice.
- Strain soda off the ice into the fizz glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and straw.
The Fizz is one of the Master Drink Themes. It’s basically the same as a Sour, shaken and strained exactly the same, except that it gets topped with soda.
Any base spirit or liqueur may be called for, but gin and sloe gin are the most popular. This one is shown served in a Collins glass and garnished with lime instead of cherry.
Sloe Gin Fizz – Use sloe gin instead of gin.
Whiskey Fizz – Use rye whiskey instead of gin.