- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- boiling hot water
- 1 house dark rum
- nutmeg (garnish)
- cinnamon stick (optional garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a preheated mug.
- Add butter, sugar, cloves and hot water.
- Stir well with bar spoon to mix.
- Float (pour slowly) the rum on top.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon stick
- Serve hot.
This popular winter drink is shown garnished with a clove-studded lemon peel, wrapped around a cinnamon stick. Always ask the guest if they would like grated nutmeg on top. Some people don’t like it, but it adds a lot of depth to the cocktail.