- 1/3 grenadine
- 1/2 passionfruit syrup
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 house white rum
- 1 house dark rum
- orange slice (garnish)
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Fill a Poco Grande glass with ice and set aside.
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into the ice filled Poco Grande glass.
- Garnish with an orange and cherry flag.
There are many variations of this drink recipe. Some popular ones add 1/2 orange juice, float 1/4 overproof rum, or call for both. You many need to double the recipe if trying to fill a large Hurricane glass. If you do double the recipe, be sure to tell your guest that there is 4 oz of hard liquor in the drink. (If you used a 1 oz jigger.)