- 1/3 orgeat syrup (or almond)
- 1/3 grenadine (or simple syrup)
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Curacao (or triple sec)
- 2 house dark rum
- fruit stick (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Pour into a chilled stubby glass.
- Garnish with a fruit stick and straw.
Many recipes for this drink suggest 1 white rum and 1 dark rum. Others call for only white rum. This recipe uses only dark rum. Try it different ways to see which version you prefer.
Many bartenders use simple syrup in addition to the orgeat. The syrup in this recipe has been replaced by grenadine, which brings a lot more flavor to the cocktail. If you can’t get orgeat syrup in your area, try replacing it with simple syrup and 4 drops of pure organic almond extract.