- 1/2 teaspoon berry sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 fresh mint sprigs (6-8 leafs)
- 1 Bourbon whiskey
- mint sprig (garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled highball, or Poco Grande glass.
- Add the mint, water and sugar.
- Gently muddle to release the mint’s flavor.
- Scoop the glass 3/4 full with crushed ice
- Add the bourbon and stir until the glass frosts.
- Garnish with a fresh mint sprig and straw.
The quality of this classic drink depends on the Bourbon you choose. Always ask the guest if they have a preferred brand. Care must be taken not to tear the mint while muddling, or stirring, because the mint oil can make the drink too bitter.