- 1 teaspoon berry sugar
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 4 mint sprigs
- 1 Cuban white rum (or house)
- soda water
- 3 lime wedges (garnish)
- mint sprig (garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled collins glass.
- Add the sugar, lime juice and 3 mint sprigs.
- Gently muddle into a syrupy paste.
- Add the rum and 3 lime wedges.
- Scoop the glass 3/4 full with cracked ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and straw.
Care must be taken not to muddle the mint until it falls apart. Just bruise it slightly to release the oils and flavor. The sugar content in this drink recipe is medium. Some recipes call for double the sugar, which would make it far too sweet. Ask your guest if they’d like it dry, medium, or sweet, and adjust the sugar accordingly.