- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1/3 Grenadine
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 4 fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 Cherry Heering
- 1/4 DOM Benedictine
- 1/4 Cointreau
- 1 Gin
- pineapple slice (garnish)
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a Poco Grande, or other large glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple fruit stick, cherry and straw.
This is an elaborate and expensive cocktail that the Raffle’s Hotel in Singapore claims to be the ‘original’ recipe, but no one is really 100% sure. Some say this drink is actually a Straights Sling. All debating aside, out of respect for the hotel that created it, this is their current recipe.
This is a very complex recipe, using ingredients, that many restaurants, pubs and bars do not have on hand. For the union standard recipe that’s used by most bars, refer to the simple Singapore Sling recipe.