- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 tsp (1/6) grenadine syrup
- 1/3 dry white vermouth
- 1 house vodka
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
There isn’t a standard recipe for this cocktail, so really depends on the bartender. Some use red vermouth, cranberry juice, or red raspberry syrup to make the drink a pink color. Some add pineapple juice, store bought sweet & sour mix, and all sorts of other nonsense.
To make it like a real cocktail, it has a base spirit, sweetness and color from grenadine, plus a bitter component from the orange bitters and white vermouth. A lot of the character will depend on the brand of orange bitters you choose. As always, if you can make homemade grenadine, it will taste better than the store bought stuff.