- 1 house vodka
- 1/2 peach schnapps
- 1 pure cranberry juice
- 1 fresh orange juice
- orange cartwheel (garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled highball glass.
- Scoop the glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add ingredients in order without stirring.
- Garnish with an orange cartwheel and straw.
This is the basic recipe for this cocktail. Some bartenders shake and strain it. Some add pineapple juice, melon liqueur, raspberry liqueur, or all three. That not only makes the drink more expensive, but then it taste like a 1980s sling, where none of the ingredients are identifiable.
Start with this basic recipe using unsweetened cranberry juice. Then if you like the drink, have fun experimenting with additional juices and spirits. Also try adding a dash or two of your favorite bitters, which makes it taste more exciting.