- 1/3 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cointreau (or triple sec)
- 1 Cognac (or house brandy)
- lemon or orange slice (garnish)
- berry sugar rim (optional garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a sugar rimmed coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh citrus slice.
The quality of the finished drink will depend on the ingredients. So try to mix it with premium spirits like Cognac and Cointreau, instead of the pub version that uses brandy and triple sec.
Also be sure to ask the guest if they want it served plain, or with an authentic sugar rim as a garnish.