- 1/3 simple syrup
- 1/3 grenadine
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cherry brandy
- 1 house gin
- soda water
- fruit stick (garnish)
Mixology Method: Build
- Build in a chilled chimney, or pilsner glass.
- Scoop the glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except soda and garnish.
- Top up the glass with soda water.
- Stir slightly with up and down motion of bar spoon.
- Garnish with a fruit stick and straw.
This is a very basic recipe, using simple ingredients, that most home bars have on hand. For a more elaborate drink, look to the Original Singapore Sling recipe.
If you find the drink a little sweet for your taste, omit the simple syrup from the recipe. If you don’t have cherry brandy, use juice from the Maraschino cherry jar and add 1/4 measure vodka. Also try experimenting with dashes of various bitters, to add an extra dimension to the drink.
Rye (Shanghai) Sling – Use house rye instead of gin.
Brandy (Bombay) Sling – Use house brandy instead of gin.