- 1 house tequila
- fresh orange juice
- 1/2 grenadine
- fruit stick (garnish)
Mixing Method: Build
- Build in a chilled collins glass.
- Scoop the glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add the tequila and fill with orange juice.
- Float (pour gently) 1/2 grenadine on top.
- Garnish with a fruit stick and straw.
Although impossible to float grenadine, pour it slowly and gently over the top of the ice. The drink should look have an orangey red upper half, looking like a sunrise. For better tasting drinks, always use fresh squeezed orange juice and homemade grenadine syrup whenever possible.
Tequila Sunset – Made with the same ingredients, glass and garnish, but a slightly different method. Instead of adding the grenadine last, it’s added first. Then being careful not to disturb the grenadine, add the tequila and orange juice. The desired effect is to have the red ‘sunset’ at the bottom of the glass.