- 1/2 simple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1 house rye whiskey
- maraschino cherry (garnish)
Mixing Method: Shake
- Scoop a mixing glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add all ingredients except the garnish.
- Cover with shaker cap and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled sour, or rock glass.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry and straw.
The Sour is one of the Master Drink Themes. It’s in the top 50 most popular cocktails in the world.
Any base spirit, such as brandy or gin can be requested, but rye is the favorite by a wide margin. This one is shown served in a flute instead of a rock glass, to elevate the status of the drink. It’s garnished with the usual cherry.
Bourbon Sour – Use Bourbon instead of whiskey.
Disaronno Sour – Use Disaronno instead of whiskey.
Brandy Sour – Use brandy instead of whiskey.